Why do postnatal Pilates?
It’s a gentle and considered way to return to exercise post birth – working on regaining your strength from the inside outwards! Classes will work on regaining core strength gently, not a sit up or crunch in sight until it is safe to do so – working your abdominals in the ‘traditional way’ can be dangerous in the post birth recovery period leading to issues such as umbilical hernias and worsening any potential Diastasis Recti (separation of Abs).
There are so many reasons to do Pilates once you are ready to return to exercise after having your baby! Some of these include:
- Regain and strengthen your stretched core muscles including your pelvic floor
- Help heal / reduce post birth stress incontinence
- Help heal Diastasis Recti (separation of abs)
- Correction of muscle imbalances
- Improve posture
- Increase muscle strength, tone & endurance
- Better form & strength for performing functional tasks including the rigours of motherhood (those car seats and pushchairs are heavy!)
- Increase energy levels, boost relaxation & reduce stress and anxiety
Come and meet other like minded mums and bring your baby to do Pilates in a friendly and unintimidating environment.
CLASSES COMING SOON!
...about B Well Pilates and Wellbeing. more>>